How to be Confident - Build an Emotional Air Conditioner
|Mediate2go.com How to be Confident - Build an Emotional Air Conditioner and WabiSabiTherapist.com|
Introduction - How to be Confident
“Believe you can and you're halfway there.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
- Building an Air Conditioner… When you are triggered, an air conditioner is made up of four things:
- Learning to tolerate the emotion. Recognize what it is you’re feeling, and remind yourself that it’s JUST a feeling…it won’t kill you.
- Compassion. If you can accept that you are not perfect and still love yourself…if you can accept that other people have flaws and you can like them…then you can relax a bit.
- Self-esteem. If you know and believe strongly in your worth, your power, your importance, your lovability, then you will feel less vulnerable to being triggered.
- Empathy. If you recognize how your behaviours affect your loved ones…this can help you make different choices.