Organizational conflict coaching: Informal, independent, neutral conflict management and dispute resolution
“The Organizational Ombudsman is like a smoke-watcher, if we see signs of smoke we will investigate and, if there is a fire we will make recommendations on putting it out and preventing future fires in that area. No one expects fire, but if it does occur we need a trained eye to direct us to the source, quickly, expertly and safely”.
|Conflict Coaching in Organizations
Introduction to Conflict Coaching in Organizations
What situations at work could I sort out with coaching?
- My supervisor is grumpy with me all the time. I don’t understand why.
- The foreman seems to have favourites and I’m not one of them.
- The person I work with goes too slow and ignores my plea to work harder.
- I think I’m being treated differently than other people because I’m from another country.
- I’m feeling bullied by the others. There is so much gossip where I work.
What does workplace conflict coaching offer?
- Strengthen your ability and confidence to take steps to resolve issues.
- Assist with negotiations between people
- Listen and help you develop options to address issues and assess the consequences of these options.
- Provide information and clarification on company procedures and practices.
- Identify other avenues of help outside the workplace.
- Give the organization valuable insight into the issues facing staff so they can address systemic problems. (via anonymous reporting with consent)